Friday, February 15, 2019

Figuring out buyers behavior 1

The segment i chose to focus on were on students or people on campus that owned a car or motorized vehicle. The 3 that interviewed were all students that fell into the segment. The first was UF junior who was a computer engineering major, second a freshmen and 3rd was a sophomore.

When talking with all 3 I first made sure to ask if they all had a cars or a scooter. Junior and grad had a car and sophomore a scooter. I explained my idea to them, each had some similar reaction but some had varied views. They said that it was a good idea and not really done before. Freshman asked how would effect scooters, I said that it would be the same as the car, but thought the idea might need tweaking for 2 wheel vehicles, but never said that it couldn't be done. Also the sophomore said not having to worry about signal would be nice not having to worry about driving home to see his folks.

What I learned from these interviews is that need for the signals would be varied among younger people, but my need still exists among students and adults, but to those who would like a less stressful ride on the road.  I see that i would need to focus the market a bit it is still relatively the same.

Based on what i now know about the segment, I conclude that people that people do care about the issue of the safety on the road and would like something to help with it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trevor,
    I like your idea because it emphasizes safety on the road. anything that promotes safety is something worthwhile in my opinion, because it can ultimately help save lives. I think with more advances in automated driving, your idea will be growing in the auto industry. Most car companies are starting to automate things such as windshield wipers, these now start by themselves when they sense water drops, and headlights that automatically turn on when they sense darkness. The auto industry is headed towards automation so I think your idea has good value to the auto industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trevor, I really like your post! Road Safety is extremely important so the fact that your working on something to increase safety, you're tapping into a market of young people and women who tend to either be safer drivers or their parents want them to have the safest utilities. You clearly interviewed some students and pin pointed who exactly would fit for this idea and where to veer your market.

    ReplyDelete

Final reflect

1. The moments of drudgery were the assignments requiring multiple interviews. Joyous experiences were being to complete all my work and the...