Friday, February 1, 2019

Testing Hypothesis

1.Why doesn't every driver in Florida use their turn signals when changing lanes or turning before they go into the lane not when you are already half way there. I feel that there is a way to fix that in cars or motorized vehicles. Possibly an alert or auto signal.

2. Who: Some Drivers in the Florida Area
    What: Not signaling to change lanes or turn into an area
    Why: No time to signal, laziness, forgetfulness

3. Testing the who: This could pertain to any driver who doesn't us their signals
    Testing the what:I guess it really depends on the person behind the wheel and their diving habits
    Testing the Why: There are multiple reasons why people don't do it varies from person to person, moment to moment

4.Interviews


 #1. First interview was my old roommate- When you drive do you see people not using their turn signals? I usually take the bus, but All the time when I'm on the road. Do you think that this is a serious hazard to safety on the road? Definitely they can lead to an increased risk of a crash or wreck. Why do you think people keep doing this? I honestly think people just are lazy and just don't see the effort in doing so, but that just me.

 #2 Uf student-When you drive do you see people not using their turn signals? I see it often when I'm using my scooter to get somewhere.  Do you think that this is a serious hazard to safety on the road? I drive a scooter, if some person just decides to switch into my lane an I'm not entirely focused on it I'm gonna wreck. Why do you think people keep doing this? I can't really say, I don't know what's going on their head when I'm driving. They could be thinking something completely different than me.

 #3 New Roommate -When you drive do you see people not using their turn signals? Yeah i see those kind of people a lot.  Do you think that this is a serious hazard to safety on the road? It can be if your not really focused on the road, could lead to accidents or close calls.  Why do you think people keep doing this? Forgetfulness, not feeling the need to, maybe it's broken. It's just a thing people keep doing and not really doing anything about.

 #4 Uf Student Off campus-When you drive do you see people not using their turn signals? Literally as soon as i get out of my parking space there is some guy is racing around a turn to get my space, a total danger. Do you think that this is a serious hazard to safety on the road? Absolutely, say I'm driving and i swerve in to the right lane but in the process I hit somebody. There are a lot of variables on the road, If i have to be responsible on the road why doesn't someone else.  Why do you think people keep doing this? I don't know. People just suck sometimes. It's there to be used yet almost everybody doesn't even use the thing so why do we even have it.

 #5 Close Friend-When you drive do you see people not using their turn signals? 
I don't really own my own car, most of the places i need to go are in walking distances, but i do see these people on the road. Do you think that this is a serious hazard to safety on the road?  Yes, even when I'm crossing the street their is that one person who decides to turn without warning, and you don't see them until they are in said turn. Why do you think people keep doing this? They probably think that turn signals are an optional thing that you can use whenever you feel like doing so. 

5. Summary- In my assignment, I hypothesized that people not using their turn signals is not only a pet peeve but a serious safety hazard that everyone sees. Everybody has at one time seen someone just cross into the lane without signaling. The people that interviewed put the blame mostly on laziness or just not caring, I agree. I now see that this is a problem about annoyance, but safety and risk as well.

2 comments:

  1. I feel this annoyance personally. I currently don't own a car but, when I was driving, nothing was more annoying than people not using a turn signal. Any way that can encourage people to use turn signal is not just less stress for drivers but, safer for everyone. This is a great idea and I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trevor, this is a great example. I agree with you and this annoys me a great deal. When people do not use their turn signals, it makes the roads much more dangerous. I think any way to help people remember to use their turn signals would help make the roads safer. I hope you keep progressing with this innovation!

    ReplyDelete

Final reflect

1. The moments of drudgery were the assignments requiring multiple interviews. Joyous experiences were being to complete all my work and the...