Friday, March 22, 2019

Social Capital

Market Expert

1 I spoke with my friend Jacqueline who works in advertising and marketing. Also had lots of experience with the ins of the job
2 she would be my marketing expert
3. She is a friend of my mother and i simply contacted her through text.
4.  I learned some good tips for presenting the service, not to make it to noticeable or extravagant. Understand how your customer would feel about the service. 
5. She taught me that the way to market something is to make it seem like the customer needs to have it, but in a nonchalant way. How to better understand my customers 

Domain Expert

1. I spoke with my friend Gary, he works as an Uber driver.
2. He would fall under the domain expert category
3. Friend of a friend, I ask my friend if he would set up a meeting.
4. He told me about his job, the expectations he would need to fill to make sure the customer was satisfied with his job. 
5. He helped me better understand what type of people to work for my service. Also that customer service is a big deal.

Supplier

1. My friend Ryan, works with automotive parts and karts.
2. He would work as my supplier
3. Old family friend, The mechanic-car type. Just gave a call to him.
4. He gave me the rundown of how much the carts would cost, fuel, breakdowns of the cart itself, maintenance.
5. He would give me better insight into what i would need to do to acquire the carts and how to keep them running so my business keeps running.

This experience taught me to look for those who have qualifications, to be open, and to look closer to you would normally look for people. The experience really didn't differ that much from the last time. The only real difference was that last time i was talking to complete strangers and had no real connection to them.     

3 comments:

  1. Hello Trevor,
    Being an open book has helped me as well. I think when people notice you are genuine they seem to help you more. You should always try to avoid judging a book by its cover, I realized many people can help out more often then not. Keep up the networking and keep trying to make new connections, you never know how things pan out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trevor, again great work! I think its awesome that you were able to speak to an uber driver. I think hiring off duty uber drivers for your service would be great as an additional source of revenue for them and a quality and knowledgeable source of labor for you and your team adding to higher quality of service and customer satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, great work! It looks like you have everything in line to get off to a running start. I also work part time as an Uber driver and that is definitely one thing I have learned while on the job. Customer service in that field is king. It does not matter how fast you get people where they're going if they do not feel an inviting and friendly atmosphere while they are there. It is definitely something to take into consideration as your proposed business seems to have a lot of the same elements. Great post man, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Final reflect

1. The moments of drudgery were the assignments requiring multiple interviews. Joyous experiences were being to complete all my work and the...