Friday, April 5, 2019

What Makes Me Special

I'm a current student at University of Florida
  •  V- I am a part of my target audience and understand its needs.
  •  R- Who else would know about the UF student other than a UF student?
  •  I- There are a large amount of UF students on campus and those who have graduated from here 
  •  N- no one could substitute me, i am a UF student.  
My mother has worked in marketing and advertising
  • V- She can give me the knowledge i need to promote my business properly
  • R - Not every entrepreneur has a source marketing tip this close to them 
  • I - Anyone who majors in advertising could be able to have an advantage 
  • N - I could hire an outside source to advertise my idea, but this would cost me more I trust my mother's experience 
I am certified in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Photoshop, etc.
  • V- I can always make a proper pretension of my product and keep track of all the data of it
  • R - sure there can be experts who are certified in one or two, but I'm certified in multiple
  • I - there are probably those more properly trained or experience
This service is specific to University of Florida students/Faculty
  • V-I think this is very valuable because I have a specific target market
  • I- There are other ride companies, but none specified to a specific place 
I am very detailed oriented in what i do
  • V- It is good to always have a well thought out plan for whatever your doing.
I know someone close who can repair the carts
  • V- It is valuable to have someone who could fix the product of the service
  • R - It's rare because he is a close friend of my family
  • I - There are other mechanics out there to work on the carts 
  • N - There are outside sources i could hire, but i would have no connection or trust with them. Plus would cost me more 
I have product/service testing experience 
  • V- You need marketing, without it who would be able to get your product out in the open. Adapt to the peoples wants.
  • R - Having someone of my age with a decent amount of experience in the marketing field is rare
  • I - there are those who probably who have more years of experience than me.
I am a very sociable, people person
  • V- It's always good to have a friendly face for the company.
  • I -Some people could be much better to talking and building connections than me
  • N- there are other sociable people out there, but there is only one me 
My original design for the idea (using Go Carts instead of cars/buses) 
  • R - idea is the basis for my proposed business is out of the box
  • I - someone could make similar rideshare service, but not exactly the same.
  • N -There are similar companies, but those companies are huge entities with flaws far greater than my own business.
Job experience in volunteering, marketing, and retail  
  • V- My experience in multiple field of an industry gives me a wide understanding of how a company should work 
  • R - Having been in multiple stages of a successful company could be a rarity to some
  • I -There are experts in specific fields and those who have worked in as many or more positions than me 
  • N - I could get experts who are masters in their fields, but i would need to find one in each stage of a company.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Trevor, great work on this VRIN analysis…you can tell you spent a considerable amount of time on this analysis as it is very thorough. This analysis is very compelling, and I think it would lead you to success to have these aspects in mind when presenting your ideas to those who can make them a reality. I love how you have done your best to cover all bases when introducing your service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trevor. This was a great and very through post. It is clear that you put some thought into your business resources. You explained very clearly how these resources would assist your business venture and that helped me better understand your idea. Great work on the VRIN analysis. Overall great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Trevor, You did this assignment perfectly. you really took your time, maybe you could have specified your biggest resource. Your post was well thought out, and super clear. I think your venture has great opportunity, it almost reminds me of golf carts at a golf course, super efficient and a good way to get around without wasting gas or polluting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man, great job on going into detail on the VRIN of each line item in this assignment. You explain in great length what each of these attributes bring to your venture as a whole. You also do well at taking stock of what each asset lacks. Overall, it paints a very realistic and accurate picture of what you are trying to do with your venture and what your options are going forward. Great post man!

    ReplyDelete

Final reflect

1. The moments of drudgery were the assignments requiring multiple interviews. Joyous experiences were being to complete all my work and the...