Friday, April 5, 2019

What's Next

Existing Market

I will continue to target University of Florida students. I want to advertise heavily to UF students so that there thousands of customers for my service. The next step in my business plan for this market expand the range of the transport to popular areas in Gainesville. Like the publix or the moveis or downtown.

The first student i interviewed was a sophomore. He said to make sure to have proper app updates for the app because often times when he was going to use a delivery or ride app it bug out. The second was a graduate. He said that it would be good to offer it to faculty members and teachers as well. The last was a junior, she said that the idea could expand to go to houses near the campus area, but not within walking distance.

The interviews gave me better insight into my existing market, allowing me to better the service. The last interviewer made a good point, there are those that live a decent bit off campus. Perhaps it would best to map out frequently college rented housing for an estimate of how far the service should travel. The first interviewer made a good point about bugs, i used to test for them for a marketing company. I would definitely need to hire a support team for those issues.

New Market

The new market i would wish to target would be multiple colleges and there students. I feel that college students share some similarities such a school pride, but i feel that some colleges may share a different mindsets than the others. I would also be dealing with a new campus to map out and work with.

The first person i interviewed was my cousin Drew, he graduated from USF. He said that the carts should have a map with short cuts on hand, because the campus at USF was huge. The second is my friend who attends the University of Indiana. said that the carts should be prepared for off road and the drivers should be locals because the University is a densely packed place. Also added about temperature controls for the cold days.

After the interviews, I learned that college life can vary from place to place. From temperature, to campus setup, to even different hot spots for each college/town. I was expecting drastic variations between college layouts, so i would definitely need to hire someone who knows their way around the campus the service is sent to and someone who knows about where all the students like to go around town/campus (after class). This new market appears to be just as attractive as my existing market, perhaps more so because of the amount of different major colleges in each state.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Trevor, like many of the other ideas coming out of a college town, I think it is a great idea to grow and stabilize your model at UF and then grow the service into other universities. However if this is your ultimate goal, I think it is important for you to brand it as a separate entity compared to a service wholly being offered by the university.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, great post! It is definitely a wise move to shift laterally and hit other schools and colleges as your next market to keepa steady head of steam going. Another option later down the road might be senior centers and golf courses, just a suggestion as both of those markets have a need for the type of service you are providing. All in all, great post man, keep it up and keep turning out the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Final reflect

1. The moments of drudgery were the assignments requiring multiple interviews. Joyous experiences were being to complete all my work and the...